Sent to Printing, Title Announcement, and more...
I received the first physical copy of my book today.
There's something euphoric about finally holding in your hands the physical manifestation of the project that's been in progress for 5 years, but more intensely for the past year. I am beyond words, and honestly haven't processed that I wrote an actual book (I'm sorry... WHAT??).
This would not have happened without the voices, creativity, trust, and enthusiasm of three very important individuals.
First is Michael, of Salty Books Publishing, whom I emailed on a whim after finding his website through a quick "self-publishers in my area" search. Michael has been my greatest resource in website creation, book publishing guidance, and all other things self-publishing. I cannot imagine a world where this book came together without his support. For him, I am immensely grateful.
Second is Micaela, my editor. A poet herself, and a voice I wholeheartedly trust, I feel immensely blessed to have had her edit my book. I loved (and honestly, miss) our editing sessions and greater conversations about poetry. Her "I wonder" questions from months ago still guide how I look at the world and my writing.
Third is Leah, my graphic artist and book layout extraordinaire. Leah started by just creating some images for me, but quickly jumped into the full organization, layout, and print-ready publication set up for the book. Her creativity and talent are obvious, but as crunch time was among us, it was her calm demeanor that gave me incredible peace.
Last but most certainly not least (I know I said three, but I lied), are the unnamed friends and family who have supported me while this book has been in the works, and even long before then. It's about the village that's behind you, and how lucky am I to have such a rich village.
https://www.sewiteskinder.com/shop
until next time,
Sewit

Comments
Post a Comment